- NEW!Modern Log House Arhus 70 | 9.3 x 7.4m (30'6" x 24'3") 70mm46 m²70 mm934 X 740 cmStarting from: £23,799.00 £26,000.00
- NEW!Game room 70 | 12 x 4.6m (39' 4" x 15' 8") 70mm46 m²70 mm1213 X 484 cmThis game room with its multiple doors and windows is simple, minimalistic and elegant to compliment and show off your stunning backyard. The windows and doors allow ample natural light and airflow which means great things for your electricity bill.Starting from: £16,099.00 £17,950.00
- NEW!Vacation and Summer House HEIDI 70 | 12 x 7.1 m ( 39'4'' x 23'5'') 70 mm49 m²70 mm1150 X 638 cmHeidi 70 is a true gem of a garden house for your backyard. Its modern Nordic design will be turning heads. This house is all about multifunctionality and style.Starting from: £22,599.00 £22,999.00
- NEW! SALE %Garden house Alu Concept Zurich 7040 m²70 mm670 X 655 cmZurich 70 is a true jewel of garden houses. Its superb modern design and spacious set-up will be a compliment to any backyard or front yard. It is elegant and spacious enough to be used for daily living, a luxurious guest house for friends and family visiting or a fantastic lounge house for dinner parties and events.Starting from: £19,299.00 £20,299.00
- NEW! SALE %Garden house Alu Concept Zurich 4440 m²44 mm670 X 655 cmOur garden house, Zurich 44, has elegant large windows with a modern touch to allow ample light into the structure. The minimalistic design of this outdoor house allows you to decorate it however you like. Who said Zurich 44 can’t be a multi purpose building?Starting from: £13,999.00 £15,599.00
- NEW!Game room 44 | 12 x 4.6m (39' 4" x 15' 8") 44mm46 m²44 mm1213 X 484 cmThis stunning game room is elegant, simple and adds a modern touch to your outdoor entertainment area. Game room 44 is designed to enhance your outdoor experience with its multiple doors and windows to naturally brighten up the space.Starting from: £11,199.00 £12,899.00
- NEW!Garden Relaxing Lounge with a bar DUNDEE 90 B | 10.04m x 5.24m (32,94' x 17'06'') 90mm46 m²90 mm1004 X 524 cmStarting from: £20,499.00 £22,750.00
- NEW!Garden Relaxing Lounge with a bar DUNDEE 70 B | 10.04m x 5.24m (32,94' x 17'06'') 70mm46 m²70 mm1004 X 524 cmStarting from: £18,399.00 £20,499.00
- NEW!Garden Relaxing Lounge with a bar DUNDEE 44 B | 10.04m x 5.24m (32,94' x 17'06'') 44mm46 m²44 mm1004 X 524 cmStarting from: £13,399.00 £14,999.00
Wooden Log Houses
In today’s hectic and busy world, the home has become more important than ever. Log houses are an increasingly popular and much-loved alternative for more healthy, ecologically-balanced, and organic living. A log house immediately creates a happy, cosy, and established mood. Genuine wood is a pleasure to look at and a log house simply makes us feel good.
Why Choose Our Wooden Log Houses
Wood has its own beautiful look
Whether you are dreaming of building a villa with small-paned windows next to other wooden buildings in an old neighbourhood or have your house represent simplified architecture in a more modern locale, log-building is the ideal material for both situations. The living surface of massive logs brings joy and the warm touch of nature to the look.
Light that dances around the room
Our modern log houses are designed to allow as much natural light into the interiors as possible: there are bay windows, large windows, sliding glass doors, and much more. Light means a lot to us. It affects our living comfort more than you may think. Research shows that an adequate amount of light improves mood and energy levels, while poor lighting contributes to depression and other deficiencies in the body. The volume of lighting and the type of lighting directly affect concentration, appetite, mood, and many other aspects of daily life. That is why utilising existing natural light as well as possible is always a wise move.
Gardenhouse24 always takes demanding levels of care to account for the amount of light when it comes to directing the design and placement of the log houses it delivers.
Heart-touching acoustic sounds
When there’s too much echo in a space the atmosphere can quickly become disturbing. Spending long periods of time in such a space is stressful even if it is not something we especially notice.
A log frame has tremendous acoustic characteristics, so that spending time in a log house is a pleasant experience. Log homes are often quieter than those that have been built using wood that is of smaller dimensions, thanks to the same thermal mass that provides energy efficiency and the sound-deadening effects of chunkier wooden walls. It’s as if the thick log walls suck out the unnecessary noise from space. High standards in terms of acoustics are one of the most important features that can affect one’s comfort of living even if we don’t notice it when everything is working as intended.
High indoor air quality levels and a fresh aroma
A genuine, natural log has its own delightful scent to it, and a log house is a great way to enjoy the natural ambiance it brings with it. Massive log structures breathe and effectively balance out moisture variations. Indoor air moisture is kept at an optimal level and the house retains its healthy and pleasant smell.
The good thing is that the surface of the log also has an antibacterial effect, which helps to maintain the structures and keep the indoor air fresh and clean.
A log house is very energy-efficient
Thanks to the good insulation values that are incorporated in log construction, during the summer an air condition will not be needed. In harsh winters, an efficient wood burner will help you establish a comfortable temperature in no time at all. Provided that the home is sealed properly you will be able to enjoy a structure that has superior levels of energy efficiency. Today we can build a log home to be between 15-20% more energy-efficient than a conventional home.
Good thermal insulation properties
In fact, you do not need to have a complicated heating system in a log house as the timber itself provides good levels of thermo-insulation. If the timber has been well processed and dried, it will provide good thermo-insulation even in the depths of winter.
A log wall using logs that are between 7-11cm in diameter features a very low warmth circulation: as a result, it preserves the warmth in the same way as a brick wall that is 1.2m thick. Timber walls accumulate warmth and distribute it evenly across the inside space. Another advantage of log houses is that they get warm quickly while it takes a relatively long time for them to cool down. The warmth of the wood allows log walls to collect and store energy, and then radiate it back into the building.
Ecologically friendly and high quality
The materials that are required to build log cabins are ecologically and environmentally friendly. It requires less energy to build a log house than it does to build a standard home. It required less energy production to harvest wood than what is needed to manufacture other materials for building. With the construction of a log home, greenhouse gas emissions are reduced, with about ten percent of all CO2 global emissions being brought about due to the production of concrete. The statistics state that with the production of a ton of concrete a ton of CO2 will also be produced.
When searching for the right levels of quality and a good price for our new log house accommodations, we went a long, long way. Gardenhouse24 log houses are made only of selected high-quality Nordic spruce and pine.
Log Houses FAQs
When will my log house be delivered?
These delivery conditions apply to all log houses placed on our website, by email, or on the phone. We charge for the delivery of our log houses in the UK following our delivery zones.
Delivery of our log houses that are in stock usually takes 2-4 weeks, and delivery of log houses that need to be shipped from our factory takes between 10-12 weeks.
Delivery of log houses is carried out on workdays, and we will contact you in advance to make the arrangements.
Do you deliver log houses outside of the UK?
If you want delivery to other areas of the British Isles, or to anywhere else in the world, contact us and ask for a quotation. We can arrange worldwide delivery and will provide you with a quote.
Do you charge for unloading my log houses?
Our delivery service includes the unloading of your new log house, free of charge! We will never ask you to help us with the unloading process, and we ask for no extra charge for it.
Do I need a foundation for my log houses?
The most important thing is that the foundation or base is level, can carry the weight of the building, and does not allow any wooden components to contract with moisture or soil. Buyers can read more information on foundations here.
Does my log houses need planning permission?
If you are buying a log house, it would be wise to check if you require planning permission. We’ve put together a guide here.
How do I assemble the log house myself?
Our log houses come with an easy-to-follow installation guide to help you through the process of assembly, which means that with essential tools and a helping hand, it is possible to install the majority of our log houses by yourself. We advise using professional help if you have ordered a log house that is more complicated or larger. You can read more about assembly here.
How do I maintain my log house?
Log houses have a natural look and a healthy indoor climate. Still, wood as the main construction material has its requirements. If you want to preserve the longevity of your log house and keep our warranty valid, please read the maintenance guidelines carefully.
How long is the warranty for my log house?
Gardenhouse 24 values quality and craftsmanship. That’s why we are confident in giving our log houses an anti-rot warranty of up to 10 years (depending on the product) to ensure your enjoyment of the log house is not hampered by any quality issues. Read more here.
How can I pay for my log house?
At Gardenhouse24, we want to make your log house as easy as possible to buy. which means that in addition to free delivery in the UK mainland, we provide flexible financing options.
Unfortunately, we can’t start to process your order before you make a down payment of 20% of the total price of the order. You can also pay the whole sum at checkout, but 20% is the minimum amount required to place an order.
If you are interested in a log house or features not listed on our website, then a deposit of 30% is required.
We accept credit cards and bank payments.
What if I change my mind?
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us (ABC Garden Ltd, Wigan Rd Leyland LANCASHIRE PR25 5SB United Kingdom, email@example.com, phone number: +44 1772 595 969) of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email).
For more detailed information, view the page Right to Cancel